Samsung Galaxy A12
Save Liquid error (product-badge line 32): Computation results to '-Infinity'%
The Galaxy A12 we have here is equipped with a 6.5-inch display and the consequences of the budget constraints are easy to spot. It's one of few LCDs in the OLED-dominated Galaxy lineup, and the 720p resolution is also on the low side of average for the diagonal. It's a fairly standard combo of size, technology and resolution for the segment.
Samsung Galaxy A12 specs at a glance:
- Body: 164.0x75.8x8.9mm, 205g; Glass front, plastic back.
- Display: 6.50" PLS IPS, 720x1600px resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, 270ppi.
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6765 Helio P35 (12nm): Octa-core (4x2.35 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4x1.8 GHz Cortex-A53); PowerVR GE8320.
- Memory: 32GB 3GB RAM, 64GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM; eMMC 5.1; microSDXC (dedicated slot).
- OS/Software: Android 10, OneUI 2.5.
- Rear camera: Wide (main): 48 MP, f/2.0, 26mm, AF; Ultra wide angle: 5 MP, f/2.2, 123˚; Macro: 2 MP, f/2.4; Depth: 2 MP, f/2.4.
- Front camera: 8 MP, f/2.2.
- Video capture: Rear camera: 1080p@30fps; Front camera: 1080p@30fps.
- Battery: 5000mAh; Fast charging 15W.
- Misc: Fingerprint reader (side-mounted); FM radio; 3.5mm jack.
One last important bit - the Galaxy A12 is powered by a 5,000mAh battery and that's a lot of battery for a 12nm entry-level chipset and a 720p display, 6.5-inch as it may be. We're expecting solid numbers for battery life.